Sunday, April 18, 2010

April showers, where to put the flowers?

All of this warm wheather has really put me in the mood for flowers and  flip-flops. I am in the process of fixing up my new house. By new I mean, newly purchased fixer- upper. To say the least I do not have the funds to buy the new Urns I wanted  for my front porch. So in the D.I.Y use what you got spirit this is what I came up with.

Please excuse the empty diaper box I was painting  3 terra cotta pots that I found in my garage. I only had one stand so I had to use what I could find.
This is my mixture of Gliden paint color Volcanic Ash and water . I used about two parts water to one part paint because I wanted the terra cotta to show thru. I got the paint at Home Depot, it was one of the small sample size containers. The sample finished three pots and I have a little left over. It was under $3.00 for the paint. I used a foam brush to soak the pots with the paint mixture. I would advise putting them upside down to avoid drips. 
 I bought the white paint pen at Hobby Lobby, and printed the numbers off the computer. I copied the numbers using chalk in case my plan did not work. But thankfully I loved them. I painted over the chalk with the paint pen.
 Aren't they cute grouped together? Over all it was a very easy project that only took a couple of hours including drying time.  The only problem is the wheather is no longer cooperating. Flowers do not like 30 degree wheather and either do my toes.

2 comments:

  1. So French! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your number fix. I just like numbers on things.

    Great job!

    Partying with you tonight. Stop by for a visit.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete